|Record #: COL0083||Last Modified: 12 May 2021||Last Full Update: 12 May 2021|
|Located In||Stewiacke East|
|Where To Find Us||
Stewiacke River Park
528 Stewiacke River Park Rd
Stewiacke East, NS
|Areas Served||Fundy Region|
|Contact||Parks and Trails Coordinator, Municipality of the County of Colchester|
|Description & Services|
|Information||This beautiful day use park is a hidden gem beside the Stewiacke River.
Enjoy this natural, forested park with mature pine, hemlock and spruce trees.
Watch for wildlife, including bald eagles commonly seen along the river.
Facilities at Stewiacke River Park:
• large timberframe picnic shelter with barbeque
• covered picnic tables
• walking trails (total length 2 km, loop) along the river and through the woods
• river access for swimming (unsupervised), boating and fishing
Know When You Go:
• Some facilities are partially/assisted wheelchair accessible. Please contact us for details.
• Barbeques are available at the main picnic shelters. You must bring your own charcoal briquettes.
• Dogs must be keep on leash. Please pick up after your pet.
• A changehouse is located near the main picnic shelter.
• Hunting is not allowed.
• Off-highway vehicles are not allowed on the trails.
Please visit the website for more information. Please use the Park Reservation Form online to request scheduling an event or reserving the picnic shelter.
|Hours||8:00 am - 8:00 pm daily|
|Dates||April 1 - October 11, 2021
Walkers are welcome year-round. Parking is available at the entrance year-round.
|Categories - General||Community Parks ; Hiking Trails ~ Hiking ; Hiking Trails ~ Snowshoeing|
|Tags||Canoe/Kayak ; Family-friendly ; Fundy Connect ; NS Trail Guide ; Outdoor Recreation ; Park ; Playground ; Recreation Categories ; Trails ; Walking|